Although the essence of the email newsletter, after many years, remains unchanged, the requirements for its design are now completely different.
A tenacious selling text, a pleasant external design, and most importantly, a convenient format that is equally well viewed on both a laptop and a smartphone. It’s no surprise that a responsive email layout is an essential part of modern email marketing.
A high-quality visual product motivates the buyer to consider your offer in more detail, visit the main resource, make a purchase, and recommend your business to friends. And the effectiveness of your newsletters will largely depend on how seriously you approach the issue of generating responsive email templates.
Read below for more details on making an effective HTML email template and find valuable expert tips.
Tools For Creating a Responsive Email HTML Template
As a rule, two main tools are used to produce a responsive HTML code for email template. They include media queries and a fluid layout. Media queries are part of the CSS language.
They are embedded in the page’s HTML code and work like switches. Media queries demonstrate their work when the screen orientation or width changes. They change colors, increase the font, hide images, as well as expand the target area of buttons and links.
As for the fluid layout, it also has its uses. An email HTML template code in 2-3 columns is convenient to read on a computer. But there may not be enough place for the columns when you reduce the screen size.
They will shrink and be challenging to read. Due to the fluid layout, a multi-column layout quickly transforms into a single-column one. It`s easy to read on any device.
Generating A Responsive Email HTML Code Template Using An Email Builder
Only a small number of webmasters know HTML and CSS languages. Therefore, many people create an email using online tools. One of the most popular today is Stripo.
It allows generating an HTML email template based on ready-made templates or from scratch by simply dragging and dropping blocks. Many features are available. You can choose from 300 free templates, replace images and descriptions, change block sizes, delete, etc.
The finished HTML email code template can be sent to the mail for testing, downloaded, or exported to the mail client.
To start using the email builder, do the following:
- Register on the site;
- Find the “New HTML code email template” button in your personal account and click on it;
- Choose the template you need or create it from scratch through “Empty template”.
6 Rules For Successful Responsive Design
Creating an HTML email template is sometimes a difficult task. Nevertheless, you can deal with it successfully if you adhere to some essential rules:
- Fewer columns. The number of columns determines the font size. But the reader should not strain his eyesight. Try to create HTML email template that includes 1 or 2 columns. It is convenient to view on a PC and a mobile phone;
- Minimalistic design. Try to use 2-3 primary colors in your newsletter. Reduce the number of pictures, background, and font changes. This will increase the page loading speed on phones and make it easier to respond to the email;
- Large buttons and links. It is recommended to use a minimum target area size of 44×44 pixels for buttons and links. Be sure to follow this advice;
- Legible font. The font on smartphones should not be smaller than 13 pixels. When 11 or 12-pixel text is inserted, the iOS Mail app automatically enlarges it;
- Less decorative fonts. Decorative fonts are usually inserted as an image. When viewed from a mobile device, such text will scale to fit the screen or give a horizontal scroll bar – it is inconvenient to read;
- Brief and concise presentation. Use screen space efficiently. Place interesting content, call-to-action, and website go buttons at the top.
We should note that the final stage in work on creating a responsive email template should be checking its adaptability. You can use the email preview function in the mailing service.
But it does not guarantee that the message will display well on various devices. To ensure everything is in order with adaptability, send the completed email to your boxes in the mail systems. And then check the layout first from a PC and then from the phone.
Follow simple rules and create effective email templates in a few steps!