If you’re sick and tired of the way that Facebook conducts itself through a platform like Instagram, then you may want to consider deleting both platforms altogether.
Whether it’s because you think that you’re spending too much time on the gram, or you’re simply just trying to get away from Facebook, deactivating or deleting your Instagram account is a lot easier than you think.
There are two main ways to delete your Instagram account, so it’s totally up to you to decide which one is going to suit your personal needs.
Deleting Instagram Permanently
When you delete your Instagram account, this means that your followers, likes, comments, videos, profile, and photos will all be gone, and you won’t be able to get them back.
You also won’t be able to use the same username again or use this username on another account. This is why you might want to consider downloading things like videos and pictures before you delete it permanently.
Temporarily Deactivating Your Account
When you temporarily deactivate your Instagram account, it means that things like your comments, likes, profile, and photos will be hidden completely – but the good news is that you can restore information like this if you choose to log back in again at any time.
If you need a temporary break from the gram, but you want to be able to go back to it at some point, this is a good option, because it means that you won’t lose any of your data.
How to Delete Your Instagram Forever
Remember to download anything you want to keep before you delete your Instagram forever. To download any data you want to keep, click on this link, then type in your email address and your account password before clicking on the ‘Request Download’ button.
It can take Instagram up to 48 hours to get all of your data together and send it to you, so you may need to be patient for a little bit.
Once you have received your data, you can permanently delete your Instagram:
- Go to the website and log in to your account. You can’t do this through your phone, so you’ll need to do it through a desktop computer.
- Click on this link, which can take you to the page that says ‘Delete Your Account.’
- Select the reason for deleting your account from the drop-down menu
- Enter your Instagram password again when they ask you to
- Click on ‘Permanently delete my account.’
Temporarily Deleting Your Instagram Account
If you just want to temporarily deactivate your Instagram account, follow the steps below:
- Go to the Instagram website and log in to your account
- Go to your profile page and click ‘Edit Profile.’
- Click on the option that allows you to ‘Temporarily disable my account’ that you’ll find at the end of the page
- Select the reasons for disabling your account from the drop-down menu
- Enter your password again when asked
- Click on ‘Temporarily disable account.’
Related Article: How to Delete Your Facebook Account Permanently
Warning: Your Personal Details Are Visible
Your IP: 188.8.131.52
Country: United States
ISP: Amazon Technologies Inc.
This is your personal data that ANYONE can view.
The only way to protect yourself fully is with a VPN. A proxy can provide some protection, but a VPN is a more complete solution and will ensure your privacy.
Final Thoughts on Deleting Instagram
If you’re sick and tired of the way that Facebook has been controlling Instagram, and you feel like you need a real break from it, consider getting rid of your profile temporarily, or deleting it completely.
As you can see, there are a couple of options to choose from, so make sure that you decide on the one that suits your circumstances the best. Most importantly, enjoy your freedom from the Facebook machine!