Are you here because you’re looking for the most popular, trending TikTok Hashtags? We’ve got you covered with this article.
TikTok is the newest social media sharing medium that’s taking the younger generation by storm. It has grown immensely in popularity lately, as more and more people realize the opportunities that it presents.
If you’ve got an existing brand online and you’re hoping to broaden your reach through TikTok, then there are plenty of ways to make this happen. Of course, just like any other social media channel, trending hashtags are essential for your TikTok growth.
In this article, we talk about how to find the best trending hashtags for TikTok and how, in general, they can make a real difference to your brand presence online.
What is a Trending TikTok Hashtag?
A trending TikTok hashtag is a hashtag that has become viral and popular among TikTok users. It can be found attached to popular content, such as challenges that have made the rounds. Trending TikTok hashtags might be popular for a while, depending on the context.
Why You Should Use a TikTok Hashtag Generator Tool
They know exactly what they’re doing, have fair price points, have excellent customer support, and they won’t get you in trouble with TikTok for using them.
Their search engine is both sophisticated and advanced, allowing you to look up trending hashtags options.
Once you’ve got your expanded niche ideas together and you’re ready to find the best hashtags for your TikTok profile, jump on board with Task Ant and see how easy it is to find the best hashtags for your TikTok growth strategy.
What is a TikTok Hashtag?
So, what exactly is a TikTok hashtag, then? A TikTok hashtag is a hashtag that is relevant to what is happening on TikTok.
TikTok, which used to be Musical.ly, is the newest app for teens where they can create short skits and dances to share with friends and family. Hashtags are going to be one of the best ways to connect with your audience and get your TikTok account off the ground.
A lot of people are starting at zero with their TikTok, which is why hashtags are such an essential part of their marketing and inevitable growth.
Why Are They So Important?
As you can see, we have already briefly talked about why hashtags are so important when it comes to TikTok. Specifically speaking, hashtags can be used for things like labeling topics, information, and themes.
With TikTok, there are only three things that you can put into the search bar when you’re trying to look for relevant content, and one of these three things is hashtags.
This means that if you use a hashtag on your TikTok content that is relevant to what you’re uploading, and someone searches it in the search bar, they’re highly likely to see your content come up.
This is going to give you a great chance of connecting with your target audience, and growing a loyal following of people who are genuinely passionate about your TikTok profile.
- They Help You Find the Competition: hashtags can help you not only connect with your target audience, but they can also connect you to the competition as well. This is going to give you a little preview into how they are doing things, so you can adapt your profile accordingly. This type of exclusive information can be invaluable to growing your own brand on there.
- Makes Your Products More Visible: hashtags can solidify both the visibility of your brand and its credibility as well. This is why it’s also worth thinking about a hashtag that you can make up that relates directly to your brand.
- They Can Increase Your Following: when customers put hashtags on photos of your products, they are sharing the love and telling other people about you. This has a knock-on effect, which is hopefully going to result in more TikTok followers and likes.
If you work hard enough to find the right hashtags for your content on TikTok, this is going to take your brand far. Not only will you be building your brand successfully, but you’ll also be understanding your customers a lot better, and why you are better than your competitors.
While you can think about what hashtags your target audience is using and then research these hashtags, this is old news and for the most part, is going to be ineffectual.
Alongside using a hashtag tool like mentioned above, you can use another service such as a TikTok bot or growth service to turbocharge your results.
Top Tools To Grow Your TikTokOut of all the services we have tested to grow TikTok followings, these have shown to be the safest, with the most consistent results.
Analyze Similar Industry Content
One of the most straightforward ways to find the right hashtags for your content is to scroll through the app itself and look through the content. The biggest downside to this, though, is that it’s time-consuming.
You’re going to need to search for content based on things like your niche and interests. While this is definitely a good way to find the right hashtags, it’s definitely the slower version, so perhaps just make sure that you’re on the lookout for hashtags when you’re scrolling through content anyway.
Another way to find the right TikTok hashtags for your content is to simply go and check out what your competitors are using. There’s a good chance that they will be using hashtags that you will also be able to use based on your content.
This is why it’s always recommended that you keep your competitors in check, and keep an eye on what they’re doing. However, don’t rely on this as the only way you find the right hashtags.
You may have noticed that some of the bigger brands out there have come up with their very own hashtag. This approach to your hashtag marketing strategy can take your TikTok marketing to the next level because it can help you stand out, and give your community the opportunity to associate a specific hashtag with your content that they won’t find anywhere else.
The Benefits of Making Your Own Hashtag
The first benefit of making your own hashtag is that you can create one initially to use in a marketing campaign, and then you can just continue to use it for the rest of your content going forward. You can also use a hashtag to create buzz about an upcoming contest so that more and more people get interested in it.
You can even ask your community to use the hashtag when they talk about your product or service online, on other platforms. As you can see, there are several benefits to creating your own hashtag, that could make all the difference to the success of your TikTok marketing campaign.
How to Create Your Own Hashtag
- One hashtag per campaign. Don’t get too excited and decide to come up with all the different kinds of hashtags for your marketing campaign. Stick to one, and put all of your energy into promoting that. This is because people aren’t going to be interested in having to copy and paste more than one hashtag.
- Make sure your hashtag is always relevant to your content, campaign, and overall branding.
- It should be obvious what the hashtag means, and why it’s relevant to your content.
- Make sure that your hashtag is easy to remember, spelt correctly, and easy to copy and paste.
- Try to come up with a different hashtag each time you launch a new campaign.
What is Niche Expansion?
There’s a new strategy in town, called niche expansion. Let’s check out what this means and how to adapt it to your TikTok hashtag strategy for the best results.
This concept is a fairly new concept, so bear with us as we explain it. While it does work to put those hashtags into the search engine that you think relates specifically to your brand and use the results you get, there is a big downside to this.
The downside is that everyone is doing this, and using the results they get – so everyone is using the same hashtags to grow their TikTok. Nobody is bothering to search for different hashtags, or research further to find more hashtags than those that are featured first. If you are serious about standing out from the crowd, you need to really think about the kind of hashtags that you’re searching, and how basic they are compared to what you could be finding out there.
So, with this in mind, what is a niche expansion? A niche expansion is a closely related niche to your industry, that your target audience is interested in as well. So, it’s not one hashtag – it’s a concept that encompasses many hashtags, depending on what industry you’re in.
So, for example, you sell makeup brushes. However, you’ve looked this up and found only the generic hashtag examples that go with this – the ones that everyone else is using.
So, instead of using these ones, why not try to look at other niches that are similar to the makeup brush niche, that could produce slightly less popular hashtags that are going to get you a broader reach?
For example, instead of searching ‘makeup brush,’ you could try other niches, like ‘fashion artist’ or ‘model wedding.’
Hashtag searches like this are related, niche expansion’s of ‘makeup brush.’ They’re close, but they’re not exactly the same.
Specific TikTok hashtags like this are less popular options that aren’t going to bring you a lot of initial exposure on your posts, but you are going to find that they are a lot easier to rank, which means that your content is going to be a lot more visible.
Then, you’ve got the snowball effect. The more people initially start to show a genuine interest in your content, the more they’re going to share it – and before you know it, you’ve got a fast-growing audience.
Create Your Exapanded Niche List
Obviously, one of the first things you have to do when you’re thinking about your expanded niche is to write down a number of niche options that are closely related to your original niche but aren’t exactly the same. The more brainstorming you do, the closer you’ll get to the right options.
When you’re brainstorming your expanded niche ideas, there are other things to think about to make the entire process more effective.
You’ve also got to think about your target audience and what their credentials are, too. For example, what gender are they mostly? What age category do most of them fall into, and what are their typical habits and points of interest?
Finding relevant topics for your expanded niche involves learning all about your target audience, and what they are hoping to get out of following your TikTok profile.
Before you get out there and try to find the best trending hashtags for your TikTok growth, there are a few things to remember to make the entire process worthwhile.
Let’s check them out:
- Be Catchy with It: when thinking of the best hashtags for your expanded niche, we recommend making sure that they’re catchy and easy to remember. We also recommend as we mentioned previously, coming up with a specific hashtag that is either the name of your brand or relates closely to it. This brand new hashtag can now be used on all of your content and spread by your TikTok audience.
- Be Simple and Effective with It: you want your target audience to be able to remember the hashtags that are associated with your brand easily. You don’t want to make it difficult for them to remember, and you definitely want to make sure that you spell them correctly. Otherwise, your target audience won’t be able to find you.
- Get Trending: TikTok is always rotating what’s trending and what’s not, so use your hashtag choices to try and be trending at some point, to gain more exposure.
- Don’t Be Spammy: there’s nothing wrong with using hashtags to your advantage – especially because they’re going to go a long way in terms of helping the growth of your brand. However, there is such a thing as too many hashtags, which is why we recommend keeping the number that you use nice and limited. Try to choose a few hashtags that represent your brand accurately, but we wouldn’t recommend using more than 10 per post.
As you can see, there are some simple yet effective ways to use hashtags to your advantage of TikTok.
You can also see that we have talked about the old way of searching for hashtags being outdated – which means there’s a new way that’s trending.
Instead of focusing entirely on your targeted niche, try expanding your horizons, and finding hashtags that are in the industry’s next door. This is going to expand your reach and get you seen in an overcrowded market.