We all know how big TikTok is right now, and if you’re particularly skilled at being able to predict the future, you may have a hunch that it’s going to get even bigger. As more and more people join the video making ranks and attempt to become the next big thing on the social media industry’s latest craze, so does the issue of verification.
How do you know that the person you’re following is who they say they are? Well, Musical.ly, which is what TikTok used to be, had a crown that they put on people who were authentic. However, it doesn’t look like TikTok has continued this trend.
So what does it mean to be verified on TikTok, and how do you even get there? We’ve got all the answers, right here.
Where Did the Crown Go?
So, not that long ago, when TikTok morphed from Musical.ly into what it is today, it replaced the crown logo with a blue tick, just like the one that you’ll find on the gram. This means that crowns are no longer relevant – if you see that someone has one still for some reason, it doesn’t really mean anything.
We’re at a point on the internet where the blue checkmark is the international symbol for being verified, and now that TikTok has jumped on the bandwagon, it’s a lot easier to work out who’s authentic, and who’s not.
However, there is one small spanner in the works because TikTok has decided to take things a step further and divide their list of verified users into two different categories.
What Are the Categories?
TikTok currently has two different versions of the verification badge – the blue checkmark that you’ll already recognize, and a notification that someone is a ‘popular user.’ Any guesses as to which one is more coveted? The blue checkmark. Nothing can beat this status symbol, but it is pretty cool that TikTok has another way to verify its users.
TikTok wants to make it clear that people that have been labeled with the ‘popular user’ tag aren’t necessarily celebrities in the traditional sense, but they have become pretty well-known and popular in their own right when it comes to TikTok.
While this doesn’t lower the standard by any means, at the end of the day, it’s a great way to know the difference between who is a celebrity and who is an influencer.
How Do I Get Verified on TikTok?
So, apart from illegally purchasing your verification tick with a third party company that’s blatantly violating TikTok’s guidelines, there are plenty of ways to increase your chances of getting that coveted blue tick.
Let’s talk about this a little bit:
- Try a Growth Service: if you feel like your TikTok account is at a bit of a standstill and you don’t exactly know which direction to take it, there’s always the option of trying a TikTok growth service. A growth service is a third party company that can help you with all the boring aspects of engagement – from getting you real TikTok followers and real TikTok hearts to helping you schedule upcoming videos. This is a great way to increase your following and get ever closer to being verified, without having to do all of the work yourself.
- Use Hashtags for Engagement: there’s a lot to be said for hashtags – in fact, if you’re on social media elsewhere, you’ll probably already be familiar with how popular they are. We’re at a point in the social media marketing game where you can’t really get by without them. This is why we always recommend using a hashtag generator to find the best TikTok hashtags for your niche so that you can connect to the right audience. Hashtags are the lifeblood of social media marketing.
- Create Amazing Content: it almost sounds cliché at this point, but if you’re not producing good content, your profile isn’t going to go very far. The reality is that you’re competing against hundreds of others on TikTok, who are either putting as much effort into their content as you are, or even more. This means that if you’re not really passionate about what you’re doing, you may want to consider choosing another niche. Your audience will be able to tell if you’re not into what you’re doing, so the more you put into your content, the more your community will get out of it.
- Follow People: another cliché, but it’s worth it – the more you interact with other people on TikTok, the more engagement you’ll get in return. After all, it is a community, so the more networking you put into it, the more people will want to follow you as a result. You’ve got to play the game to win it, so if you’re serious about being verified on TikTok and already know what your target audience looks like, get networking.
- Use the Right Gear: from the camera that you use to the editing app, there’s a lot more that goes into making those addictive videos than you may think. While TikTok influencers make it look pretty easy, at the end of the day, they’re putting a lot of time – and money – into the equipment that they use. At the very least, you should be using a good quality editing app because your audience will be able to tell if you’re not.
- Be Persistent: and for the last cliché of the day – not giving up. Nobody has ever got to where they are by giving up. In the world of social media, it’s an extremely competitive place, which means that only those who persist through the setbacks are going to make it through. Be persistent and don’t give up.
So, there you go – it’s easier to get verified than you may think. The bottom line is that there are two types of verifications on TikTok, and the more you put into it, the more you’ll get out of it.
If you really want to go all the way and get the blue checkmark, you’re going to have to put your heart and soul into that content – and networking with your target audience as well. The good news is, it’s possible if you have the right resources.
Top Tools To Grow Your TikTokOut of all the services we have tested to grow TikTok followings, these have shown to be the safest, with the most consistent results.